It doesn’t get much sweeter than a springtime wedding at a hundred year old venue. This vintage styled wedding from Jessie Holloway is filled to the brim with DIY details. I absolutely love the vintage frame seating chart wall. Such a fun project!
We wanted our wedding to represent us- who we are as a team and who we are individually. I (like most brides) had my colors picked out but I also kept Tyler in mind. His favorite color is green so I chose mint which is close enough, right? :) Our colors were mint, peach and gold.
We love being outdoors so there was no question that an outside wedding and reception were exactly what we wanted. Our venue was the gorgeous Donoho Hotel in Red Boiling Springs, Tn. Long porches, rocking chairs, quiet and quaint. OH! and it’s also 100 years old! There is just something about a place that has so much rich history. I found myself day dreaming about the bustling 1920’s and realized there is no other place I wanted to have our greatest celebration.
The most important thing to us was that we make our guests feel honored and welcomed! We wanted to stay true to us- we love people and we wanted our people to share in our love. As we planned, there were MANY times I looked at Tyler and said “Is this something YOU like, that YOU want to do?” (even though I had to force it out of him! haha) This was as much his wedding as mine. We wanted as many things as possible to have meaning. We wanted people included in the ceremony that we loved. I wanted to kiss my grandparents and mom, we wanted our dogs (Ace and Dobby) to run down the aisle. We made it our own and I will forever be glad that we did!
We did some DIY projects and had SO much fun making them together and getting our friends together to help us! We potted succulents (250 to be exact) in small pots that we spray painted and put cute little flags in as gifts to our guests. Tyler made the gorgeous light that hung in the gazebo- it now hangs in our house and we now have a lighting business! Tyler made the chalkboards and Hayley my best friend and bridesmaid wrote on them for us. All the tablecloths, runners and pillows were made by my Aunt Tu (she’s amazing with a sewing machine!) My mom made my bridesmaids flower crowns and did most of the decorating for the wedding. She is a fantastic decorator! My mom and I went to almost every vintage junk store south of the mason-dixon line in search of plates, glasses, cake plates, platters, oil lamps, etc We had SO much fun. :) Tyler made the table number holders out of vintage faucet handles. The groomsmen made our homemade mixed drinks- BlackberryMoon and Stay on your feet sangria- helped us dance all night!
The whole day was my favorite, but I loved hearing Tyler’s vows to me, so special and significant. I loved hearing words of wisdom from our friends and having them pray over us. I loved smearing cake in Tylers face and getting to kiss him for the first time as husband and wife. I loved dancing to “You are the best thing” by Ray LaMontagne. I loved hugging and seeing people I hadn’t seen in awhile. I loved getting into the limo at 2:30 in the morning to head to the airport for our amazing honeymoon, we slept the whole 1 1/2 hours to the airport. We were exhausted but incandescently happy!
Photography | Jessie Holloway Photography | Venue | The Donoho Hotel | Cake | The Cupcake Collection | Catering | Chef Christopher | Photo Booth | Cosmo Creations | Videography | Peerless Films | Lighting | A+T Lighting Co. | Veil | Hello Honey | Headpiece | Twigs & Honey | Jewelry and Bridesmaid Gifts | Kate Spade | Shoes | Rio of Mercades and Klub Nico | Ties | Otis James | Rings | Cumberland Gold Jewelry Cookeville, Tn
With summer just around the bend, the beach is the perfect location for your engagement session. Just add in a gorgeous dress and you’ve got a dreamy and romantic shoot like this one captured by K A T S P H O T O S. Folly Beach in South Carolina is such a gorgeous setting with all of the drift wood trees and this couple looked perfect set among them.
If you are looking for a fun, easy, and cute idea for your ceremony exit, look no further than this confetti toss DIY! Using Avery printable labels you can create something memorable and completely you.
- Avery Printable Labels (I used the 2″ x 2″ square, #22816)
- Small Paper Bags
- Tissue Paper (or seeds or lavender or whatever you’d like tossed)
- Scissors or Hole Punches
- Print out your design using the Avery website. There are tons of designs and templates that you can use and customize (click here for inspiration) or you can create your own or you can use the design I created here (you can download it in coral, teal, or pink). Just follow the instructions on the site, choosing your product, then adding in your image. It is really easy and fun to play around with. Once you have your design all set, you can either print it yourself, or have Avery print it for you and mail it (great if you’ve got a big project!) If you are printing yourself, make sure you know your printer’s orientation, be sure to uncheck ‘fit to page’ before printing, and print one sheet at a time to make sure it prints correctly.
- Make your confetti. There are tons of options. For some I cut strips and then little squares and I also used some different shaped hole punches. It would be fun to use a heart shaped punch or fancy scissors to create fun edges. (NOTE: If you are doing an outside ceremony, please use a natural product like birdseed, lavender, or petals. Only use paper confetti if you are inside and can easily clean up.)
- Fill your bags with your confetti.
- Fold over the top edge and place your fun custom Avery sticker on top.
- Hand them out to guests before the ceremony to give you a fun exit!
I also made another design for a more neutral wedding. You can download that here.
I love these Avery products because there are literally hundreds of ideas and ways that you can use them to make your wedding day unique! You can brand your entire wedding from the invitations to place cards to favors. The best weddings are those that are personalized and you can really see the couple in all the details, and Avery makes accomplishing easy and affordable.
Here is some more great inspiration from Avery with fabulous project ideas: