I’m loving today’s bright yellow wedding sent in from Melissa Tuck! All the details are so sweetly southern (especially the ‘Hey Y’all!’ cups!) And of course I am instantly in love with these glitter Kate Spade heels!
The stunning bride Kristin shares all the details:
I like to say that our wedding ceremony was very traditional and our wedding reception was “rustic chic.” Kind of contradictory in a sense, but the feel of the church and the reception site fit together so well. We got married on a perfect North Carolina spring day that really made our wedding colors, yellow, gray and white, shine. To me, the ceremony was perfect. During those 20 minutes at the alter, we were both so nervous but comfortable at the same time and beyond excited that the day had finally arrived. The reception was an absolute blast and the site looked gorgeous. There’s nothing like dancing the night away with your closest family and friends while wearing a magnificent, long white dress.
When I got engaged, I had no idea what type of wedding I wanted. All Reed and I knew from the onset was that we wanted to get married in a church, have a great party band and an inside/outside reception site. I decided to start with the reception site and go from there. Once we decided on my hometown of Greensboro, North Carolina, we looked at literally every venue possible. As soon as Reed and I walked into Revolution Mill, we instantly knew that was it. With the woodsy yet elegant feel and large, open courtyard, it was perfect for us. After that, the planning fell into place. I focused on a romantic/rustic chic/spring aesthetic, with white and green flowers in all types of vases, tons of candles and pretty, yellow table linens.
My Favorite Parts of the day :
– Spending the day getting ready in one huge suite at the Proximity Hotel with my mom, sister, sister-in-law, and best girlfriends.
– My Dad’s reaction to seeing me in my wedding dress for the first time.
– Walking hand-in-hand down the Church aisle with Reed for the first time as a married couple.
– Riding in the trolley with our wedding party for a quick pre-reception celebration
– Seeing our sweet little dog, Gadsden, at the reception site.
– Tasting our delicious signature cocktail.
– And last but not least, being surround by all of our closest family and friends.
Photography | Melissa Tuck
Ceremony Venue | Holy Trinity Episcopal Church
Reception Venue | Revolution Mill Studios
Planner | Summer & Susan of Coordinated
Florals | Botanica
Cake | Delicious Bakery
Caterer | The Painted Plate
Rentals | Grand Rental Station
Bridal Gown | Cristos
Bridesmaids Dresses | THREAD
Shoes | Kate Spade
Groom & Groomsmen | Jos. A. Bank
Hair/makeup (bride) | Colleen Kelly of Greensboro, NC
Reception Music | Bull City Syndicate